Software Engineer IV
Fortegra is a global specialty insurer based out of Jacksonville that offers offer a diverse set of admitted and surplus insurance products and warranty solutions. For more than 45 years, we have delivered risk management solutions that help people and businesses succeed in the face of uncertainty. We seek to provide exciting opportunities, room for growth, and the ability to thrive in a workplace that is both challenging and rewarding. We foster a corporate culture that values the diversity of both individuals and ideas. Fortegra is proud to be Certified™ by Great Place to Work®. The prestigious award is based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at Fortegra. For more information on Fortegra follow us on our LinkedIn .
- Code and implement web sites, web services and custom components utilizing C# in the .Net Framework >= 4.0
- Code, test and debug software using Microsoft C# and the .NET Framework.
- Collaborate with Requirements, Software Quality and other development teams to ensure solutions are efficient, consistent and fulfill business needs.
- Participate in design and design review.Work in an Agile software development environment (using Scrum).
- Participate in requirements review.
- Refactor existing software.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- 7 plus years experience designing/developing desktop and web and / or mobile applications with Microsoft .NET platform using C#
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Position requires a theoretical and conceptual knowledge of a technical / functional specialization
- Problems are typically solved through high level technical analysis
- Hands-on development experience with .NET.
- Solid fundamentals in OOP and OOD, design patterns, IOC, SOLID.
- Comprehensive experience in Desktop and Web technologies (ASP.NET MVC, Web API, HTML5, jQuery, Knockout/Angular)
- Strong experience implementing SOAP, REST, and OData/WebSockets.
- Experience with MS SQL or other DBMS.
- Proficient in working in an Agile/Scrum development methodology environment.
- Relevant academic degree in computer science or similar field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharepoint knowledge is a strong plus.
- Financial Services industry experience is a strong plus.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.