Software Engineer II
- 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Code and implement web sites, web services and custom components utilizing C# in the .Net Framework >= 4.0
- Code, test and debug software using Microsoft C# and the .NET Framework.
- Collaborate with Requirements, Software Quality and other development teams to ensure solutions are efficient, consistent and fulfill business needs.
- Participate in design and design review.
- Work in an Agile software development environment (using Scrum).
- Participate in requirements review.
- Refactor existing software.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- 1 – 2 years experience designing/developing desktop applications and / or web applications with Microsoft .NET platform using C# and/or HTML 5
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Positions require a theoretical and conceptual knowledge of a technical / functional specialization
- Problems are typically solved through high level technical analysis
- Hands-on development experience with .NET.
- Solid fundamentals in OOP and OOD, design patterns, IOC, SOLID.
- Comprehensive experience in Desktop and Web technologies (ASP.NET MVC, Web API, HTML5, jQuery, Knockout/Angular).
- Strong experience implementing SOAP, REST, and OData/WebSockets.
- Experience with MS SQL or other DBMS.
- Proficient in working in an Agile/Scrum development methodology environment.
- Relevant academic degree in computer science or similar field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharepoint knowledge is a strong plus.
- Financial Services industry experience is a strong plus.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Software Development Fundamentals (Exam 98-361)
- HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals (Exam 98-375)
- Software Testing Fundamentals (Exam 98-379)
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.