Manager, Financial Reporting
- 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Apply expertise in US GAAP, SEC and PCAOB requirements in preparing and filing financial reports, including 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K.
- Assist with associated MD&A, earning releases and other investor information.
- Manage the External Reporting calendar, and the flow of information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate and timely reporting, and involvement and accountability of subject matter experts.
- Coordinate the timely, formal tie-out of financial reports and related MD&A, press releases, etc., leading and guiding other Finance associates (direct reports and/or shared resources).
- Review/prepare separate subsidiary GAAP financial statements.
- Assist in issuing quarterly control questionnaires and sub-certification processes.
- Complete GAAP, SEC and other relevant checklists and questionnaires.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting of equity, earnings per share, equity-based compensation, and cash flows.
- Responsible for quarterly variance analyses as required by controls and/or auditor requests.
- Responsible for annual and quarterly tests for impairment of goodwill and other intangible assets, including preparation of related memoranda and periodic refresh of quantitative assessments.
- Assist with month-end close
- Assist with responses to external auditors
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations. Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Financial reporting in a public company environment
- Understanding of Statutory Accounting, particularly property/casualty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- XBRL experience preferred
- Oracle EBS experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in SEC reporting and producing SEC documents with a public company.
- Commitment to task and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good leadership, relationship management with a wide variety of partners, collaboration, and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described.
- The ability to build credibility, trust, respect, and cooperation among team members is essential.
- Understanding of SOX controls and experience in performing controls.
- Familiarity with the audit process and responding to the needs of auditors.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.