- 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closing statements and reports, including written premium, losses and income.
- Running periodic financial reports, including monthly and quarterly analytics as assigned, including research of variances.
- Preparation of financial statements and reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly closing process and reporting.
- Respond to audit requests, including IRS, state & local, and insurance departments.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading efforts to complete special projects as requested.
- Directly accountable for the preparation and completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for responsible Fortegra companies.
- Responsible for cash, account and client reconciliations.
- Maintain/prepare procedure manuals as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new business, to include setting up reporting and system profiles to capture monthly activity.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting preferred) equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Basic understanding of reinsurance concepts
- Basic familiarity of NAIC Annual Statement and quarterly filings
- Requires some knowledge of a specialized function or skill
- Developing real trade craft and skills
- Oracle General Ledger experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to accomplish tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Be a self-starter and show ability to meet deadlines and goals in a limited time frame.
- Ability to effectively deal with other company departments and outside agencies.
- Ability to work independently, requires minimal supervision, and makes effective decisions to complete work assignments.
- Ability to work well with associates in other areas on required work assignments.
- Ability to interpret contracts and design processes to comply with contract provisions.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.