Human Resources Manager
- Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, the HR Manager acts as a strategic business partner, providing Human Resources leadership and support to assigned business units.
Strong emphasis on recruiting top talent, candidates MUST have strong HR Generalist experience AND Talent Acquisition/Recruitment experience.
HR experience with a P&C Insurance company preferred.
Experience recruiting for Finance/Accounting, IT and Insurance roles preferred.
This role will lead all human resource initiatives, programs and policies for business partners including: recruitment, selection and assessment, employee development, employee relations, compensation, performance management, disability leaves, training and succession planning.
In addition, this position helps to develop companywide communication strategies and compensation programs designed to attract, reward and retain talent.
- Helps in developing and refining effective methods or tools for selection to ensure the right people with the desired level of competence are brought into the organization.
- Recruits internally and externally; manages recruiting sources within budgetary guidelines; interviews, recommends candidates, and negotiates terms of employment.
- Conducts job evaluations, needs assessments, and participates in strategic planning to develop competency models that serve as a framework for identifying, hiring and developing talented personnel.
- Partners in the development and delivery of training in leadership development, process improvement, and industry specific skills identified through needs assessment.
- Partners in the development of incentive compensation & reward programs that reinforce Fortegra’s corporate culture and business initiatives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists in maintaining and developing HR policies, to ensure compliance with corporate culture and applicable laws.
- Prepares recommendations, information and input for salary considerations including: merit, bonus, adjustments and promotions, giving focus on pay for performance and salary benchmarks for assigned business.
- 5 plus years of fast paced recruiting of top talent required. Third party recruiting experience and/or AIRS recruiting certification is a plus.
- Human Resources experience in Insurance and/or Financial Services Industries Human Resources experience required. Including 5 plus years’ experience with proven track record of success in a generalist function.
- Experience recruiting IT, Financial, Accounting and Management level positions required. Compliance and Regulatory a plus.
- Solid employee relations experience required.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Strong organizational, project planning skills with ability to meet deadlines & manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of hiring practices, employment regulations, compensation design & related tax laws.
- Sound business judgment, analytical skills, & decision-making abilities
- Ability to think strategically & champion change as a business partner
- Strong assessment, group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer & quality focus.
- High level of integrity & discretion with confidential information
- Demonstrated proficiency in all MS Office Suite products (excel a MUST); expertise in HR database tools desired.
- Occasional travel required.
- BA/BS in OD, HR or related field required
- Master’s degree &/or professional certification preferred
This is a full time permanent position with benefits. Relocation is not available for this role.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.
As part of our standard review process, we require all interested candidates to complete our Predictive Index Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as possible. It only takes 10 minutes and helps us learn more about your ideal work environment. You can access the survey by pasting the following link into your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/fortegra.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra