Regulatory Specialist (Insurance)
- 10151 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Primarily responsible for the preparing, reviewing and processing entity licensing applications and annual company renewals as well as assisting with other compliance projects.
- Prepares and files new entity licensing applications with regulatory agencies and handles inquiries and annual renewals
- Tracks approvals and renewal deadlines
- Invoices agents or accounts for reimbursement of license fees.
- Maintains license information and codes correctly into computer system.
- Assists with other Compliance projects such as document production for regulatory agencies, responses to complaints and other matters.
- Maintains license pending files and reviews/works weekly.
- Maintains and files all necessary correspondence related to the regulatory function.
- Evaluates work for effectiveness/efficiency and recommends changes to Manager when appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in insurance or corporate compliance field.
- Specific experience with insurance licensing protocol is preferred.
- Experience as a Paralegal a plus
As part of our standard review process, we require all interested candidates to complete our Predictive Index Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as possible. It only takes 10 minutes and helps us learn more about your ideal work environment. You can access the survey by pasting the following link into your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/fortegra.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), educational assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra