Manager, Compliance & Product Development (Insurance)
- 10151 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Position is responsible for managing all compliance aspects of Fortegra insurance products which includes, but not limited to, development, regulatory structure, product filings and compliance oversight. Provides compliance advice and creates forms and filings for new programs and program revisions. Researches, monitors and tracks legislative activities surrounding Fortegra products and implements required changes.
- Manage compliance functions to meet and achieve Fortegra’s overall goals.
- Assist in product development by partnering with actuarial, sales, legal and business teams to design compliant products, determine contractual arrangements and product benefits and coverage's.
- Manage process to obtain actuarial memorandums, rates and formulas to support new and/or amended product filings with the various states' Departments of Insurance, and file appropriate applications to obtain approvals
- Research, review and disseminate compliance information, law revisions, bulletins and other industry communications received from state agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Participate in industry associations and perform periodic research of regulatory websites and publications for regulatory impacts.
- Identify and create solutions to achieve both compliance and business goals.
- Proactively identify process/service improvement opportunities and make decisions or recommendations on the best course of action for new processes or procedures.
- Assists the compliance team on projects to ensure completion within the projected target dates.
- Support compliance in achieving established goals.
- Maintain internal and external customer relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Insurance certifications/designations (CPCU, AINS, etc.) preferred
- Juris Doctor degree a plus
- 5 plus years of experience with matters of regulatory compliance
- Experience working in the insurance industry; P&C a plus
- Experience developing products and forms for new programs
- Program implementation or legal experience in commercial or personal lines
- Management experience preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following product lines:
- Errors and omissions
- Other commercial and/or property & casualty products
As part of our standard review process, we require all interested candidates to complete our Predictive Index Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as possible. It only takes 10 minutes and helps us learn more about your ideal work environment. You can access the survey by pasting the following link into your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/fortegra.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), educational assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra