Senior Internal Audit Analyst
- 10151 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Responsible for supervising and performing assigned internal audit projects, as part of the overall internal audit plan. This responsibility will include: 1) evaluating existing internal control documentation, testing current processes and procedures and providing recommendations; 2) developing internal audit scopes; 3) performing internal audit procedures; 4) supervising work performed by others; 5) reviewing work prepared by others; 6) coaching and mentoring staff; and 7) preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Audit projects will include financial, operational, compliance (including SOX) and IT processes.
- Perform complex-level professional internal audit work, involving leading and conducting audit projects
- Able to assign audit work to internal audit staff as needed
- Capable of interviewing individuals in various financial and operational positions regarding day-to-day duties and SOX controls
- Perform and document walkthroughs of SOX controls
- Perform and document SOX controls testing
- Test compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Recommend process and policy improvements
- Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are implemented
- Complete assigned audit procedures
- Summarize and communicate audit findings
- Prepare sufficient working paper documentation to support audit procedures performed and conclusions reached for assigned projects
- Review work performed by others and provide coaching to improve the work of staff
- Ensures consistent administration of the Internal Audit Departments quality assurance and improvement program
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business disciplines preferred
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification or current progress towards certification required
- 3-5 years of prior public accounting or internal audit experience required
- Insurance experience preferred
- Experience related to auditing information systems preferred
- At least one year of supervisory experience is required
- Considerable knowledge of internal control concepts, internal auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Maintain personal and professional competency through appropriate participation in professional organizations and continuing education opportunities.
- Strong time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
As part of our standard review process, we require all interested candidates to complete our Predictive Index Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as possible. It only takes 10 minutes and helps us learn more about your ideal work environment. You can access the survey by pasting the following link into your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/fortegra.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), educational assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra