Internal Audit Manager
- 10151 Deerwood Park, Jacksonville, FL, us
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Responsible for supervising and performing assigned internal audit projects, as part of the overall internal audit plan approved by the audit committee. This responsibility will include: 1) evaluating existing internal control documentation, testing current processes and procedures and providing recommendations; 2) developing internal audit scopes; 3) supervising and reviewing work performed by others; 4) coaching and mentoring staff. Audit projects will include financial, operational, compliance (including SOX) and IT processes.
- Perform complex-level professional internal audit work, involving leading and conducting audit projects
- Assign audit work to internal audit staff
- Capable of interviewing individuals in various financial and operational positions regarding day-to-day duties and SOX controls
- Perform and document walkthroughs of SOX controls
- Perform and document SOX controls testing
- Recommend process and policy improvements
- Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are implemented
- Summarize and communicate audit findings
- Prepare sufficient working paper documentation to support audit procedures performed and conclusions reached for assigned projects
- Ensures consistent administration of the Internal Audit Department’s quality assurance and improvement program
- Provide assistance to the external auditors as needed to provide efficiencies and reduce audit fees
- Provide key input into the development of the annual internal audit plan
- Provide key support to the annual risk assessment
- Prior public accounting or internal audit experience required
- Insurance experience preferred
- Experience related to auditing information systems preferred
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Considerable knowledge of internal control concepts, internal auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and guidance, with competency to take initiative and utilize independent judgment
- Ability to work on and manage simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Strong time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel out of town on an as needed basis, 20 – 25% expected
As part of our standard review process, we require all interested candidates to complete our Predictive Index Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as possible. It only takes 10 minutes and helps us learn more about your ideal work environment. You can access the survey by pasting the following link into your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/fortegra.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), educational assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra