Accounts Payable Assistant
- 10151 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Primarily responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services, including processing and monitoring payments and expenditures. Processes accounts payable transactions ensuring that corporate finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data entry of invoices for payment
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Occasionally prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Maintain/update vendor files
- Bank and account recons and accruals as necessary
- Manage pre-paid schedule and create journal vouchers
- Create and upload journal vouchers into Oracle
- 1-3 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Oracle (R12 Preferred)
- Accrual and Reconciliation experience
- Journal Entry experience
- 10Key Data Entry
- Some college level coursework preferred
As part of our standard review process, we require all interested candidates to complete our Predictive Index Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as possible. It only takes 10 minutes and helps us learn more about your ideal work environment. You can access the survey by pasting the following link into your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/oi/fortegra.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), educational assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra