Contract Review Board (CRB) Document & Data Control
- 43 Jet Dr NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, USA
- Fort Walton Machining, Inc. was formed in 1987 as a special custom manufacturing operation specifically to service Eglin Air Force Base and its prime contractors. It began as a small cell with only two employees, but its mission even then, as it is now, was to provide highly technical, precision machining with zero defects delivered on time to its customers' complete satisfaction. Commitment to that mission rapidly earned the company its reputation for "walking the walk" not just "talking the talk". As evidence of this, Fort Walton Machining became a certified "Dock to Stock" supplier for one of its major customers as early as 1991.
Certified to AS9100 Quality Standards as well as government and military quality standards MIL I 45208A, the company was heavily involved in the Air Force AMRAAM project from 1991 to 1993. The vision always was to expand into commercial markets as well as to continue serving the military and its primes. Early in 1995 the company formed a business alliance with a major corporation involved in the medical industry and this alliance lead to further business with their associates in the British Isles and Japan. As a result of these rich experiences, Fort Walton Machining today is an international service company, capable of accommodating customers all over the world. As part of Fort Walton Machining you will continue our legacy to provide a top notch service to our customer.
Summary: Maintain database of customer specifications, drawings, etc. ensuring the correct revision is on file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· A keen understanding of an electronic data management and filing system which includes but not limited to the following:
· Manage a centralized hard copy and electronic file system while maintaining compliance with ISO9001/AS9100.
· Convert hard copy customer drawings, parts list, and engineering change orders to electronic media.
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings: Title and Revision block, knowing what documents are associated with drawings.
· Ability to solve problems and make decisions quickly and efficiently.
· Trouble shooting smart team database problems.
· Convert hard copy documents to electronic versions for controlled distribution
· Responsible for scanning and indexing documents into electronic filing systems.
· Ensure the timely turnaround of documentation received for processing and issuance.
· Provide document control support for engineering personnel which included mastering incoming documents through a controlled database providing the latest documentation for production activity.
· Manage revision changes and archival activities for controlled documents.
· Ability to develop skills as required and a willingness to learn.
· Coordinate and perform document change control process including receipt, maintenance, approval, distribution, and storage of controlled documents such as engineering/customer drawings, specifications, and other quality documents.
Education and/or Experience High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years’ experience working with data management system preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional. Database / Vault system
Majority of time is in a sitting position in front of a computer or in meetings, with the rest of the time in a walking or standing position presenting to customers or obtaining status on the machine shop floor, (heavy machinery) <20%. Occasionally lifting and/or moving of objects <25 pounds.
This position will require about 10% travel ability to service our other plant in the area.
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Time
- Vacation Time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".
We are proud to be a DRUG-FREE company. Test for illegal drugs are required prior to hiring and periodically during your employment.
Fort Walton Machining, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact Dee Setzer at 850-244-9095 or email at if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Fort Walton Machining, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development. We are in compliance with all laws and regulations (in the United States, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act as amended, VEVRAA, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the ADA).