Shipping / Receiving Clerk
- 43 Jet Dr NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, USA
Fort Walton Machining is a critical infrastructure company so we will not shut down even if the Governor issues a "stay at home" order because we are mandated by the Department of Defense.
Fort Walton Machining, Inc. was formed in 1987 as a special custom manufacturing operation specifically to service Eglin Air Force Base and its prime contractors. It began as a small cell with only two employees, but its mission even then, as it is now, was to provide highly technical, precision machining with zero defects delivered on time to its customers' complete satisfaction. Commitment to that mission rapidly earned the company its reputation for "walking the walk" not just "talking the talk". As evidence of this, Fort Walton Machining became a certified "Dock to Stock" supplier for one of its major customers as early as 1991.
Certified to AS9100 Quality Standards as well as government and military quality standards MIL I 45208A, the company was heavily involved in the Air Force AMRAAM project from 1991 to 1993. The vision always was to expand into commercial markets as well as to continue serving the military and its primes. Early in 1995 the company formed a business alliance with a major corporation involved in the medical industry and this alliance lead to further business with their associates in the British Isles and Japan. As a result of these rich experiences, Fort Walton Machining today is an international service company, capable of accommodating customers all over the world. As part of Fort Walton Machining you will continue our legacy to provide a top notch service to our customer.
Summary: Primarily responsible for receiving in material needed for production and for shipping out material for outside processing or final delivery to the customer in a high pace/multi-tasking environment. Make deliveries to other local facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
· Examine contents and compare with records such as purchase orders and packing lists to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
· Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed through internal ERP system.
· Enter shipments into various customer portals.
· Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
· Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving recorded.
Qualifications and Skills include the following. Others may be assigned.
· Be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
· Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
· Must be capable of estimating weight and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
· Positive attitude, self-motivated team player with good work ethics.
Education and Experience
GED or equivalent.
Two years experience preferred
Must have computer experience preferable in an ERP system and able to utilize UPS, FedEx and other freight carriers’ systems.
Proficient in Microsoft office (excel, work, power point).
Required to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis. Required to drive company vehicle. Regularly required to stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.