- 111 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60602, USA
Caris’ mission is to help women and children thrive during and after an unplanned pregnancy. Through a holistic pregnancy counseling approach, Caris aspires to be a leader in addressing the cultural, social, spiritual, and economic essentials involved in unplanned pregnancy, ensuring that women and children thrive. As a Christian organization, we have two core beliefs around the issue of abortion:
- We believe that God is for both the woman and the child involved in an unplanned pregnancy. He treats both with dignity, and we commit to do the same. We acknowledge how difficult the situation is for the woman and work for her need to have hope for the future. We believe that in supporting her, we also work for the well-being of the child.
- We believe that, like other issues of social justice, God’s plan involves Christians being His hands and feet, showing compassion and getting directly involved in being part of the solution.
Therefore, we are committed to coming alongside pregnant women and helping them overcome the barriers that prevent them and their child from thriving. We do this through four main program/service areas: Pregnancy Counseling Services, Mental Health Services, Conception to Age 5 Services and Spiritual Formation Services. These program areas speak to the ministry’s commitment to providing
holistic support to women, children, and families. We are passionate about the way we serve women. And it is our desire that every woman who experiences an unplanned pregnancy in the Chicagoland area will hear about Caris and have access to this kind of care.
The Executive Director (ED) leads the ministry of Caris, setting the vision and culture and overseeing all operations. The ED provides strategic leadership by developing staff and working with the Board of Directors to establish and implement long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies. The ED also oversees all fundraising efforts and the annual budget of the ministry. Externally, the ED is a spokesperson in the community, networking with potential funders, partners, and referral agencies.
The ED must exemplify a committed and consistent walk of faith and dependence on Jesus, including a personal calling to ministry. The ED must also be in full alignment with the specific mission and vision of Caris and the Caris Statement of Faith and Statement of Principle.
The ministry does not look at the issue of unplanned pregnancy and abortion through a political lens, but rather through the lens of grace, compassion, and justice for both the mother and the child. Therefore, the ED must be someone who can view the issue of unplanned pregnancy and abortion through a social justice lens. Someone who is interested in looking at the fullness of the issue, understands its nuances, and is committed to the ministry’s vision statement will be successful in this position.
Characteristics & responsibilities of the Executive Director include but are not limited to:
Calling and Passion
- A desire to meet the unique emotional needs of women facing unplanned pregnancy through holistic, counseling-based services, using the Pro-Grace approach
- A passion to lead and grow a cutting-edge, innovative ministry
- A heart specifically for the Chicagoland area and the thousands of women who face an unexpected pregnancy every year
- A personalized belief that God’s grace is the only path for true, lasting transformation
- Using sound judgment, integrity and Christian maturity, lead Caris in a way that honors Christ and moves the ministry forward as He directs
- Working with the Board of Directors, develop long-term strategic plans, goals, objectives, and metrics
- Provide vision, inspiration and direction to staff to ensure implementation of the strategic plan and excellent delivery of service to constituents
- Develop a culture of Christian character and dependence on God throughout the staff team, making space for God to move through prayer, spiritual formation, and spiritual encouragement
- Lead the innovative and aggressive marketing efforts, increasing client outreach and brand recognition among target markets
- Develop a strong network of Chicago community partnerships (business, nonprofit, and government) to more fully secure Caris as the premier site for women facing unplanned pregnancy
- Working with the Advancement Team, grow operational funding for Caris through charitable donations
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising, ensuring the ministry reaches all fundraising goals and metrics
- Personally identify, develop, and cultivate relationships with 20 – 30 top major donor partners
- Inspirationally articulate the vision and mission of Caris, serving as the spokesperson and face of Caris in all arenas
Operations & Programming
- Set operational standards, policies, and organizational directives for implementation by staff, in order to ensure achievement of goals and objectives
- Ensure fiscal accountability and responsibility of ministry finances
- Working with the Program Director, ensure excellent delivery of Caris programs to women facing unplanned pregnancy and that programming is continually responsive to our target population
- Work with the Operations team and professional outsourced vendors to oversee all financial, human resources, and marketing functions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Passionate about the mission of Caris and able to communicate that vision and mission both internally and externally in a clear and compelling manner
- A proven leader in a Christian ministry, nonprofit, or the for-profit sector with the ability to strategically lead an organization to the next level
- Track record of fundraising ability and success, with a shown ability to cultivate mid-range and high-end donors
- Proven ability to manage an organizational budget of $500K or more
- Proven experience with either marketing, public relations or other type of strategic growth expertise, with an ability to create, implement, and oversee long-term plans for the growth and health of the organization
- Experience managing and/or effectively working with a Board of Directors
- Able to integrate personal faith and conviction in an approach to leadership
- A leader who is also able to build and inspire a strong team
- Demonstrated success in supervision, problem-solving, and setting vision
- Ability to maintain and grow partner relationships with community agencies and churches, successfully managing and prioritizing several projects at one time
Caris is both an equal-opportunity employer and a Christian, nonprofit, religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, parental status, or disability of an otherwise-qualified individual. To be considered for employment at Caris, you must fully agree with our Statement of Faith.
This job posting is being managed by Forrest Johnson Recruiting on behalf of Caris.