- 3637 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
What is Kefi? It’s both a Greek word, and a new place for kids and families to hang out together.
At its heart, Kefi is a reimagined space for families where parents recharge and kids learn to develop the superpowers they’ll one day use to change the world. It’s part playground, part work space, part coffee shop, part theme park, part high-tech gaming arena, plus a lot of other parts left to be explored.
Our first location in Atlanta will be a 25,000 sq. ft. retreat for families and communities to play, explore and become closer. Kefi play experiences will use tomorrow’s technology and story-based adventures for children to learn and play together.
Our Puppeteers bring to life digital puppets for Kefi’s immersive play experiences at our on-location studio within Kefi. Playing an active role in the Kefi experience, Puppeteers electrify the space with fun, creativity, and spontaneous play.
The Puppeteer is a warm and energetic individual who engages with all our ‘friends’ - children and adults alike - via digital puppetry technology. Puppeteers will work in a backstage studio, delivering both scripted content and age-appropriate improv in live performances. The digital puppet is a female android that stimulates and enriches continued play. The ideal Puppeteer is an energetic and creative actress who:
- Makes the experience fun!
- Amplifies the social and emotional learning of children who come to play with us: confidence, creative problem solving, empathy, collaboration, resilience.
- Infuses the studio with positive energy and excitement.
Your responsibilities as a Puppeteer include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome and engage children and their caregivers through digital puppetry performances.
- Activate a child’s imagination with character role play.
- Perform for approximately 4-hour shifts via remote digital puppeteering.
- Perform consistently with energy, empathy, and expression.
- Deliver content that is both scripted and improvised.
- Articulate words, sentences, and meaning with precision, accuracy, and clarity.
- Encourage play that nurtures child development for ages 1-12.
Studio Organization and Care
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the studio space and equipment.
- Ensure equipment is properly used and put away.
- Notify leadership if equipment is not in proper working order or appears mishandled.
At Kefi we aspire to be fun, great at making personal connections, unburdening, safe, clean, and everyday special. We also have some specific qualifications we are looking for in our Puppeteers:
- Strong personal associations with the joys of play, i.e. Kefi
- Experience in theater/arts, acting, improv, puppetry, or digital puppeteering
- Proven track record of superior organization skills and the ability to care for expensive equipment and technology
- Ability to communicate effectively with young children, parents and team members
- Ability to apply behavior management techniques to ensure a caring, positive, and fun experience for children and adults
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly with a team, in a highly-charged, ever-changing environment
- Demonstrate key competencies including: initiative, teamwork, cooperation, preparedness, professionalism, and flexibility
- Energy and stamina to engage with children during 4-hour shifts, performing two 15-minute “shows” per hour
- Available to work as scheduled during the hours of operation 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., including weekends and holidays
- Willingness and ability to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment
Join a passionate, energetic team to create special every day experiences to unlock potential in kids, forever impact families, and ultimately unite communities around the premise of play. Each day looks different, but you can always count on an inspiring work environment where your personal journey is invested in with intentional development opportunities, competitive compensation and generous benefits for a well-rounded life of adventure and impact. Work and play don’t have to be exclusive, work can be Kefi: a joy that must be experienced to understand.
Kefi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job posting is being managed by Forrest Johnson Recruiting on behalf of Kefi.