Retail Studio Star
- 3637 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
What is Kefi? It’s both a Greek word, and a new place for kids and families to hang out together.
At its heart, Kefi is a reimagined space for families where parents recharge and kids learn to develop the superpowers they’ll one day use to change the world. It’s part playground, part work space, part coffee shop, part theme park, part high-tech gaming arena, plus a lot of other parts left to be explored.
Our first location in Atlanta is a 25,000 sq. ft. retreat for families and communities to play, explore and become closer. Kefi play experiences will use tomorrow’s technology and story-based adventures for children to learn and play together.
Kefi’s Retail Studio Star (RSS) is an essential and influential customer-facing role in the box. The RSS will play an active role in the Kefi Studios experience within the in-box retail store, living out a culture of fun, play, and service within the retail operations. The RSS will assist in executing the first ever launch of a content studio inside a retail setting. A primary responsibility of the RSS includes not only improving the efficiency of the retail operations, but also merchandising products to optimize the Kefi play experience for “friends” (customers) and assisting and facilitating parents, kids, and vendors in using our content studio. The RSS will assume ownership of all product knowledge, including both high tech and low-tech toys, and possess the ability to clearly, accurately, and enthusiastically engage “friends” with toys that align with their needs and interests. The RSS is equal parts hospitality specialist, retail expert, content creator, and extrovert who spreads excitement to each and every “friend” they encounter.
- Exercise a knowledge of all products sold in order to make informed suggestions to parents based on their children’s age range and interests.
- Assist with managing ‘wish lists’ for children’s birthday parties.
- Provide creative assistance for selecting and purchasing gifts in the store.
- Grow revenue by encouraging in-store purchases.
- Regularly connect with “friends” to ensure that both showcase and products are relevant, understood, problem-free, and delivering delight.
- Comply with security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices when working within the showcase.
- Resolve any complaints and inquiries from “friends” with sympathy and a smile.
- Fully understand the products offered in-store as well as on our eCommerce platform.
- Stay tuned in to nearby retailers’ offerings and prices for similar products to ensure that we are accurately price-matching.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the entire front of house.
- Coordinate ordering of merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Exhibit and demonstrate new toys on an ongoing basis, as designated by corporate schedule.
- Facilitate customer orders.
- Execute retail activations as authorized and directed by the corporate office.
- Assist with display merchandising.
Training - Product & People
- Engage with parents seeking to take memorable play experiences home, guiding them to product that connects with their child’s individual play activities within the box.
- Clearly, accurately, and enthusiastically communicate about the products showcased in the store.
Toy & Technology Expertise
- Serve as resident product experts of all high tech and low-tech toys, as well as toy manufacturer
At Kefi we aspire to be fun, great at making personal connections, unburdening, safe, clean, and everyday special. We also have some specific qualifications we are looking for in our Retail Studio Stars:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Must love technology, toys, and kids!
- The ability to bring a toy to LIFE.
- Must feel comfortable in front of a crowd, no matter how silly the capacity may be.
- Have an infectious aura of energy, optimism, and joy when in the store. Should strive to be the talking point of the car ride home each and every day.
- Thrive in fast-paced, relationally-oriented environment in which you hear, see, and serve the interests of others.
- A passion for play and an innate interest in high tech toys.
- Clear and energetic communicator.
- Emotionally intelligent & socially aware.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal, problem-solving & planning skills.
- Exercises excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Good stage, screen, or vocal presence.
- Able to enter another character and engage with audience.
- Prefer a background in theater arts and acting.
- Prefer experience with digital content production (recording and live streaming)
- Prefer experience having done speaking parts playing a character or dress up to represent a brand or product for a company.
Join a passionate, energetic team to create special every day experiences to unlock potential in kids, forever impact families, and ultimately unite communities around the premise of play. Each day looks different, but you can always count on an inspiring work environment where your personal journey is invested in with intentional development opportunities, competitive compensation and generous benefits for a well-rounded life of adventure and impact. Work and play don’t have to be exclusive, work can be Kefi: a joy that must be experienced to understand.
Kefi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job posting is being managed by Forrest Johnson Recruiting on behalf of Kefi.