- 3637 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
What is Kefi? It’s both a Greek word, and a new place for kids and families to hang out together.
At its heart, Kefi is a reimagined space for families where parents recharge, and kids learn to develop the superpowers they’ll one day use to change the world. It’s part playground, part work space, part coffee shop, part theme park, part high tech gaming arena, plus a lot of other parts left to be explored.
Our first location in Atlanta is a 25,000 sq. ft. retreat for families and communities to play, explore and become closer. Kefi play experiences will use tomorrow’s technology and story-based adventures for children to learn and play together.
What Is Xander Coffee
Within every Kefi location will be a coffee shop branded Xander Coffee, whose mission is to deliver the preeminent coffee bar experience for families. Xander will be a satisfying treat for both kids and parents – with a mix of classic coffee favorites, on-the-go options, and bottled drinks and snacks – providing moments of togetherness and connection for families. Xander Coffee will sprinkle play in the cafe by offering games and toys for kids to enjoy.
Xander will strive to provide an amazing coffee, beverage, and snacking experience that suits the entire family. With a focus on delicious coffee for adults and healthy snacks, cookies & milk, and more for kids, we will deliver a customer experience and environment for families that is unmatched by current offerings in the market. (Not to mention this area is a coffee desert and the community needs us!)
The purpose of the Barista is to carry out the functions of the cafe, providing memorable service to our customers as a vital piece of Xander’s hospitality experience. The Barista will serve as host to our guests, taking ownership of an outstanding guest experience in the brands we represent and striving to provide an experience beyond expectation for all who come into contact with our cafe. A high-touch individual, the Barista will connect with teammates, vendors, guests, and many members of the community.
The ideal person for this role is passionate about coffee, service, and creating lasting impressions with our product offerings. A servant with an attitude that exemplifies our values, this person desires to create an environment of joy, relaxation, and connectivity for our guests. The Barista is both a student and a developer of our service standards as a way to creatively impact our business.
Above all, the Barista fosters pleasantly surprising moments of fun and high quality service for all who come into contact with Xander. Your responsibilities as a Barista include, but are not limited to:
Deliver inspiring service
- Welcome and engage customers with enthusiasm and personalized attention, demonstrating gracious and patient hospitality at every opportunity.
- Act as a product ambassador, representing all brands sold in the cafe.
- Makes coffee & espresso beverages to standard.
- Shares knowledge about local product offerings.
Work with operational excellence
- Own all cafe activities, including food/drink preparation and machine maintenance.
- Manage and stock cafe displays.
- Order and back stock new inventory as needed.
- Support the team in the overarching operations.
Make everything fun
- Embody Xander’s values to set the daily tone and pace for the team and customers.
- Craft moments that exceed expectations.
- Get creative! Think of new and innovative ways to enhance Xander’s offerings.
At Kefi we aspire to be: fun, great at making personal connections, unburdening, safe, clean, and everyday special. We also have some specific qualifications we are looking for in our Baristas:
- Prior experience as a Barista
- Experience with food safety handling and guidelines
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while exercising excellent attention to detail.
- Emotionally intelligent & socially aware.
- Assertive, organized, and efficient.
- Able to work when the cafe is open, including early mornings and weekends
Join a passionate, energetic team to create special every day experiences to unlock potential in kids, forever impact families, and ultimately unite communities around the premise of play. Each day looks different, but you can always count on an inspiring work environment where your personal journey is invested in with intentional development opportunities, competitive compensation and generous benefits for a well-rounded life of adventure and impact. Work and play don’t have to be exclusive, work can be Kefi: a joy that must be experienced to understand.
Compensation & Work Hours
$12-$15 per hour
No more than 28 hours/week.
Kefi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job posting is being managed by Forrest Johnson Recruiting on behalf of Kefi.