- 3637 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
What is Kefi? It’s both a Greek word, and a new place for kids and families to hang out together.
At its heart, Kefi is a reimagined space for families where parents recharge, and kids learn to develop the superpowers they’ll one day use to change the world. It’s part playground, part work space, part coffee shop, part theme park, part high tech gaming arena, plus a lot of other parts left to be explored.
Our first location in Atlanta will be a 25,000 sq. ft. retreat for families and communities to play, explore and become closer. Kefi play experiences will use tomorrow’s technology and story-based adventures for children to learn and play together.
The General Manager (GM) is the highest leadership position within each Kefi location, with top-level responsibility for both leading the team and driving the business. A gifted leader & developer of people, the GM increases the frontline team’s performance through the development of both people and systems.
The GM is an inspiring leader with a passion for kids and commitment to hospitality. The ability to recruit, develop, and engage a team is of fundamental importance as the GM works towards creating and developing a high-performing team and culture. The complexity of a Kefi location also necessitates that the GM be an athlete in business, with a strong background in customer-centric hospitality operations and a thorough understanding of people systems. At the heart of the mission is connecting families and impacting the lives of kids in the community, and the GM will embrace this, live it out personally, and model for the team Kefi’s Core Values of grit, accountability, love, creativity, and playfulness.
The GM responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, develop, and engage the Kefi team.
- Maintain productive and inspiring environments where friends and teams can get their best work done.
- Lead the team through any customer challenges that may arise, both in how to respond when it happens and how to prevent reoccurance.
- Work to resolve employee issues with care and composure.
- Train and equip the management team, empowering them to do their jobs with excellence and equipping them with opportunities to grow in their careers.
- Seek out opportunities to add value to team members as well as friends by going beyond the expected and modeling servant leadership.
Operational Strategy and Execution
- Take ownership and responsibility over the day-to-day operations in the box.
- Supervise activity: delivering high-quality experience and products.
- Understand and oversee the systems of a complex operation, such as inventory, POS, maintenance, technology, and more.
- Supervise all people systems, including scheduling, staffing, and labor management.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with the AGM and other members of the management team to implement and communicate all goals, processes, policies, and hospitality initiatives.
- Serve alongside the team as a hands-on leader who can manage the details at all levels.
- Continually problem solve with a natural orientation to get ahead of potential operational challenges.
Innovation and Inspiration
- Cast a clear, compelling vision day in and day out regarding the core mission and values of Kefi.
- Facilitate an environment in which team members are continually creating and experiencing moments of joy-filled play.
- Celebrate wins, milestones, and accomplishments by the team and community on a consistent basis.
- Actively participate in opportunities to build camaraderie and moments of fun with the team.
- Model a genuine passion for kids and families both personally and within the Kefi walls.
At Kefi we aspire to be: fun, great at making personal connections, unburdening, safe, clean, and everyday special. We also have some specific qualifications we are looking for in an GM:
- BA / BS in Business, Hospitality or other related degree.
- MBA preferred
- Hospitality, retail, entertainment, or related experience with strong operational focus and prior P&L responsibility.
- Start-up experience preferred.
- Experience leading a complex, multi-faceted organization and a high performing team of at least 15 people, exemplifying servant-leadership.
- Proven ability to create a culture focused on developing leaders, growing talent, and enjoying work.
- Strong communication, financial acumen, organization and project-management skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment; remaining level and calm under pressure.
- Student of business with a passion and aptitude for management operations.
Join a passionate, energetic team to create special every day experiences to unlock potential in kids, forever impact families, and ultimately unite communities around the premise of play. Each day looks different, but you can always count on an inspiring work environment where your personal journey is invested in with intentional development opportunities, competitive compensation and generous benefits for a well-rounded life of adventure and impact. Work and play don’t have to be exclusive, work can be Kefi: a joy that must be experienced to understand.
Kefi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job posting is being managed by Forrest Johnson Recruiting on behalf of Kefi.