Assistant General Manager
- 3637 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
What is Kefi? It’s both a Greek word, and a new place for kids and families to hang out together.
At its heart, Kefi is a reimagined space for families where parents recharge, and kids learn to develop the superpowers they’ll one day use to change the world. It’s part playground, part work space, part coffee shop, part theme park, part high tech gaming arena, plus a lot of other parts left to be explored.
Our first location in Atlanta will be a 25,000 sq. ft. retreat for families and communities to play, explore and become closer. Kefi play experiences will use tomorrow’s technology and story-based adventures for children to learn and play together.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) leads their team in the consistent delivery of the Kefi hospitality experience to our ‘friends’ (our customers) – children and adults alike. Ultimately the AGM’s role is to proactively manage all spaces within the location to ensure the safety and comfort of all guests, in a way that stimulates and enriches continued play.
The AGM is a positive servant-leader with a passion for hospitality and fun, along with the grit and desire to grow as a leader of people and operations. Combining exceptional work ethic with planning, process, and problem-solving skills, the AGM executes Kefi’s mission to create more moments of play for others. The AGM role is a training ground for future GMs and each AGM is charged with fostering relationships, experiences, and inspiring environments. As a result, a Kefi AGM is a dedicated self-learner with a passion for development and a hunger for increased responsibility. He/she actively and enthusiastically pursues opportunities to learn the business from the ground up, and is committed to growing his/her management and leadership abilities. The AGM responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage ‘Friend’ relations.
- Serve as the on-site point of contact for ‘friends’ to ensure Kefi’s hospitality experience is provided to guests with excellence.
- Anticipate the needs of others (co-workers & friends)
- Collaborate with Kefi’s Event Coordinator to communicate the logistics of scheduled events to the team in order to execute them successfully. .
- Arrange daily event schedule and operations timetable.
- Communicate closely and promptly with all sales personnel to increase efficiencies and revenues.
Lead the day-to-day operations of the box to execute an inspiring hospitality experience.
- Take ownership and responsibility over the day-to-day operations in the box.
- Maintain productive and inspiring environments where friends and teammates can get their best work done.
- Manage the cleanliness of the workplace throughout each day.
- Supervise activity: delivering high-quality experience and product.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Manage team schedule: time-off requests, meeting schedule, and operation needs.
- Manage daily financials.
- Oversee inventory, supplies, and technology.
Partner with the General Manager to develop and lead the team in creating environments where others can experience more moments of play.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with the GM to implement and communicate all goals, processes, policies, and hospitality initiatives.
- Seek out opportunities to add value to team members as well as friends by going beyond the expected and modeling servant leadership.
- Celebrate wins, milestones, and accomplishments by the team and community on a consistent basis.
- Actively participate in opportunities to build camaraderie and moments of fun with the team.
- Interview, select, on-board and train part-time Hospitality Assistants.
At Kefi we aspire to be: fun, great at making personal connections, unburdening, safe, clean, and everyday special. We also have some specific qualifications we are looking for in an AGM:
- BA / BS in Business, Hospitality or other related degree, or equivalent experience.
- Hospitality, retail, start-up, consulting or related experience with strong operational focus.
- Strong communication, financial acumen, organization and project-management skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while exercising excellent attention to detail.
- Student of business with a passion and aptitude for management operations.
- Experience leading or being a part of a high performing team and exemplifying servant-leadership.
Join a passionate, energetic team to create special every day experiences to unlock potential in kids, forever impact families, and ultimately unite communities around the premise of play. Each day looks different, but you can always count on an inspiring work environment where your personal journey is invested in with intentional development opportunities, competitive compensation and generous benefits for a well-rounded life of adventure and impact. Work and play don’t have to be exclusive, work can be Kefi: a joy that must be experienced to understand.
Kefi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job posting is being managed by Forrest Johnson Recruiting on behalf of Kefi.