Food & Beverage Manager - GNR
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Salaried
- FLSA Type: Exempt
- Employment Category: Regular
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the overall operation and financial success of food & beverage operations. Ensures all facilities enforce all company policies and programs, remain legally complaint, and that all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the department; Ensures each operation is adequately staffed, stocked, and open for business during business hours.
- Manages vendor accounts; Oversees design and implementation of contracts and marketing initiatives to meet and exceed projected annual goals.
- Oversees menu design and recipe development.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet company standards as well as state, and local health laws.
- Monitors and inspects equipment and arranges repairs as needed; Oversees any refurbishment and remodeling of existing operations.
- Ensures a positive work environment centered on trust, open communication, and team work; Facilitates problem solving and collaboration throughout the department.
- Acts in a professional manner; leads by example.
- Identifies and works with management to resolve departmental problems and potential problems.
- Works extra shifts and hours throughout the department as required; Covers subordinate duties as needed.
- Responsible for the financial success of each Food & Beverage operation.
- Analyzes financial and operational information to maintain cost control of facility operations and recommend adjustments.
- Prepares budgets and ensures the department complies with financial guidelines and meets or exceeds all financial and operational goals.
- Compiles and submits financial, operational, and marketing/customer review reports.
- Effectively communicates department and position-specific expectations to department team members.
- Ensures department team members are updated on any relevant news or needs of other departments.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments and managers and attends staff meetings to provide departmental updates and communicate problems and potential problems.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Provides and ensures all internal and external customers receive excellent customer service.
- Strives to achieve and maintain a customer service-oriented department mentality.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Responsible for managing department team members, creating staff work schedules, and training department employees in department standards, security procedures, department operations, and safe work methods.
- Mentors and coaches staff members on developing and improving skills.
- Enforces department standards, policies, and team member expectations; Performs progressive discipline, coaches, and retrains department employees as required.
- Completes detailed and timely performance evaluations.
- Follows and enforces company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Verifies payroll hours for department personal.
- Knows and enforces all company Programs and policies, including Environmental, Health, Compliance, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Assists with designing and implementing sales proposals and presentations as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred and may be required.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Excellent financial/accounting skills and knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of the hospitality and Food and Beverage industries.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, planning and time-management skills.
- High level of attention to detail and quality standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responds to complaints in a professional manner.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel and email systems (Outlook or Lotus Notes).
- Strong knowledge of and proper cash handling skills.
- Extensive skills with and knowledge of POS systems, cash registers and credit card machines.
- Ability to develop and produce proposals.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Have or be able to obtain relevant food handling and alcohol certifications upon hire.
- Knowledge and ability to comply and implement all Standard Operating Procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, and pull frequently; Reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer and telephone.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle as required.
- Ability to work in areas with temperatures more than 90 degrees.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in a related field and 2 years of Food and Beverage, Restaurant Management or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of management and supervisory work experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience with POS systems required.
- Minimum 1 year of P&L management experience required.
- Demonstrable wine knowledge and work experience preferred.
- Back-of-the-House restaurant work experience preferred.
- Fine-dining experience as well as quick paced café style experience preferred.