- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Houseperson is responsible for responding to guest requests, transporting products and linens, and maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of public restrooms.
- Maintains the appearance and cleanliness of public areas.
- Transports products and other location items throughout the location.
- Reports hazardous conditions to management.
- Provides excellent customer service; Acts is a professional manner.
- Assists collecting linen bags.
- Follows procedures for chemical use, equipment uses, and cleaning routines.
- Drives a golf cart or similar vehicle as required.
- Completes special projects as required.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred.
- Knowledge of general work safety practices.
- Knowledge in operation of cleaning equipment.
- Skill in operation of floor care and cleaning equipment.
- Remain organized and self-supervised to complete tasks.
- Knowledge of the surrounding area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control housekeeping cart and/or similar items on inclines and declines.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Manual dexterity to grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment and hand-held radio.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds repetitively.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous custodial, housekeeping, customer service or related work experience preferred.