- 7501 E McCormick Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Salaried
- FLSA Type: Exempt
- Employment Category: Regular
- A competitive hourly base wage
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- 401K Plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and producing visual packaging and marketing items using creativity while working within brand identity.
Hybrid Balanced Work Week (combination of remote work from home and work in office) This job is located in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Create designs, concepts and sample layouts for digital and printed materials such as web banners, page layouts for catalogs and/or magazines, social media, promotional flyers and brochures, business cards, stationary, signage, presentations, event support materials, etc.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software such as Adobe CS4/5, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to create new images and execute designs.
- Draw and print charts, graphics, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Confer with coworkers to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials and products.
- Produce layouts using digital photographs.
- Review and make text corrections as needed.
- Brainstorm with coworkers to create and mock up design ideas for seasonal and product campaigns.
- Work additional hours as needed, to meet project deadlines and preparation for key events.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements To Perform Job Duties:
- Climb stairs and walk on a variety of surfaces including wood, carpet, tile and uneven surfaces.
- Stand/remain upright, walk/move throughout entire building.
- Stand/remain standing on feet for up extremely long periods, up to 8 or more hours a day during key corporate events.
- Sit/remain seated using a computer with large monitor, keyboard, mouse and telephone for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Turn and twist repetitively.
- Reach down, forward and overhead.
- Bend, kneel, stoop and/or squat repetitively.
- Visual acuity and ability to adjust focus to create designs, concepts and sample layouts for printed and digital materials such as page layouts for catalogs and/or magazines, social media, promotional flyers and brochures, business cards, stationary, signage, presentations, event support materials, etc.
- Strong artistic ability and creativity skills including the ability to look at the big picture in brand development and product promotions and advertising.
- Strong knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts and elements including color and composition.
- Strong technical skills and expert knowledge of and ability to use design software programs including Adobe CS4/5, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced understanding of file formats and digital pre-press.
- Strong digital photography and color correction skills and knowledge.
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Keynote, MS Outlook knowledge.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively present and sell ideas verbally and visually.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to produce accurate work in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and apply in a positive manner.
- Extreme attention to detail and problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, able and willing to develop and learn continuously.
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills including ability to meet independent and team deadlines within defined budgets.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or similar concentration
- 3-5 plus years of work experience in graphic design and production.
- One or more years of work experience using Adobe CS4/5 including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator