Food Service Team Member
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Food Service Team Member is responsible for front-of-house duties while ensuring high food quality, excellent customer service, and a positive guest experience. Greets guests, takes food and drink orders, processes transactions, and delivers food to guests, and helps maintain a clean dining area.
- Greets and assists guests in a friendly and professional manner; Takes guest orders and accurately enters them into the POS system
- Accurately processes credit card and cash transactions; Maintains a balanced register
- Delivers food and drink orders to guest tables
- Busses and resets dining room tables; Washes dishes, utensils and other restaurant items
- Completes opening and closing duties, maintains proper stock levels for retail and guest-self-service items, maintains clean counter and dining areas, and ensures completion of other day-to-day operational needs
- Answers phone as necessary
- Assists with preparation and cooking of food items as required; Follows proper food production, portion control, and quality control procedures
- Balances register as required
- Completes inventory, cleaning, and other logs
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies
- Responsible for reporting any observed unsafe, suspicious, or unlawful actions to management
- Works extra shifts and hours as required
- Assists in other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to learn and explain products and items, other operational areas, and the surrounding area
- Strong math and cash handling skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills; A friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to provide high quality food items in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals and personal protective equipment
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Kneel, squat, stoop and crouch frequently.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds daily.
- Able to work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous hospitality or related work experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred
- 1-year customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of sanitary and safe food handling helpful
- Restaurant/café and POS software experience a plus