Signal Marina Attendant
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Marina Attendant assists in the operation of the Marina facilities while providing exceptional customer service to our guest. Responsibilities include but are limited to, providing docking support to customers, payment processing, grounds keeping, facility cleaning, and maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Approach all incoming boats and aid boaters in docking and securing their vessels.
- Follow all safety requirements and precautions when handling fuel.
- Collect payment for goods and services and properly ring up sales in the POS system.
- Drive wrangler boat to taxi buoyers to and from their boats and assist and tow boats to the dock and/or buoys as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of marina, docks, rental boats, and rental areas to include restrooms and trash facilities.
- Wear personal protective equipment.
- Teach customers proper boating procedures, following the guidelines prior to a rental.
- Maintain all marina logs.
- Provide a high level of customer service throughout the marina.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
- A valid Driver’s License is Required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of safe boating operations and good boating and safety skills
- Able to safely drive and dock all vessels in the fleet in all types of weather including very windy and/or stormy conditions
- Knowledge of dock construction and anchor placement
- CPR/First Aid certification or be able to obtain within one year of hire
- Knowledge of the proper use of fuel equipment, chemical cleaners, degreasers, oils and additives
- Able to accurately operate a cash register, POS systems and credit card machine
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc.
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Drive/operate a boat safely at all times including in very windy or stormy conditions.
- Step into and onto boats from docks and back to docks safely and repetitively.
- Able to visually inspect boats for safety and repair
- Able to visually recognize hazards, proper buoy locations, safety and repair issues.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds daily.
- Swim 500 feet.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 1 year of boating, customer service, or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required
- Experience and knowledge of cleaning supplies
- Experience working as a gas attendant, fuel dock or dock hand is preferred