- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Housekeepers are responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction and the timely, thorough and consistent turn-over and cleanliness of assigned guest rooms. Some Housekeepers are also assigned Porter shifts.
- Stocks and organizes supply cart.
- Removes soiled/dirty linens from all beds.
- Inspects linens prior to placing in rooms and returns any torn or dirty linens to supply room.
- Distributes clean linens to stayovers, as requested.
- Cleans/scrubs shower, tub, toilet, sink, counters, mirrors and glasses.
- Vacuums carpets; Mops all tile floors; Dusts all furniture, and polishes as needed.
- Cleans microwaves, refrigerators and sinks.
- Checks bathroom inventory items and restocks any missing items as necessary.
- Folds clean linens as necessary; Places linen package in each room.
- Assists customers with specific requests.
- Cleans and organizes supply room.
- Complies with security procedures.
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Restocks cleaning supplies as needed.
- Reports repair and maintenance items.
- Clean all public restrooms including showers, toilets, sinks, counters and mirrors
- Stock porter closets with supplies
- Vacuum lobbies and hallways
- Clean the park visitor laundry
- Clean guest TV lounge room
- Dust furniture, polish as necessary
- Clean windows and doors
- Empty bear-proof garbage/recycle containers
- Water plants
- Sweep porches, overhangs, entryways
- Pick up trash, cigarette butts throughout the property
- Drive a company vehicle and deliver supplies to housekeeping groups
- Help with laundry to include washing, drying and folding linens
- Help move luggage on room moves
- Spot clean staff dining room at closing
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English preferred.
- Ability to follow cleaning and other instructions, complete checklists and communicate with guests.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and cleaning procedures and techniques.
- Self-motivated and good time management skills to complete tasks on time with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail and cleaning standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Manual dexterity to grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment and hand-held radio.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control housekeeping cart and/or similar items on inclines and declines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous domestic or commercial housekeeping or related work experience preferred.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies preferred.