- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Restaurant Supervisor assists with Front-of-House operations and staff, facilitates communication throughout the restaurant, ensures compliance with environmental, health, and sanitation policies and laws, and ensures an exceptional dining experience for all guests.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all front-of-the-house functions; Ensures the proper opening/closing, accounting, reporting, and environmental procedures are followed.
- Resolves customer complaints and personnel issues in a professional manner.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively throughout the restaurant.
- Accurately balances daily receipts and counts out bank and deposits.
- Supervises Front-of-House team members; Assists with processing guest transactions, divides tips, runs daily reports, makes timecard corrections, etc.
- Thoroughly checks all side duties of front-of-the-house staff.
- Assists with the training and scheduling of front-of-house restaurant staff.
- Ensures all Front of House staff have or receive certified food safety and alcohol service training as required.
- Abides by and enforces Recycling, Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs.
- Ensures all products/chemicals used in restaurant are used and stored properly.
- Completes ISO 22000 logs as required.
- Assists throughout the restaurant as necessary and keep the restaurant clean and orderly.
- Assists in Kitchen as needed.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Able to learn all company training materials.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Acts in a professional manner.
- Strict attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent customer service, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of food service standards.
- Knowledge of front-of-the-house restaurant operations.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale systems.
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in a related field, or 2 years of front-of-house restaurant or hospitality-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- At least one year of supervisory or management work experience preferred.
- 6 months wine service work experience preferred.
- Fine-dining work experience or café style food service experience preferred.
- Prior work experience with POS systems.