- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Night Auditor facilitates guest reservations, performs end-of-day reporting and accounting duties while providing exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Greets guests upon arrival, performs check-ins, provides guest with any information needed while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Books and processes lodging and activity reservations accurately.
- Provides information to guests regarding property policies, property activities, and the surrounding area; Assists with planning activities, answers questions and provides accurate, helpful information.
- Responds to and resolves guest inquires, complaints, and concerns.
- Responds to emergency calls and reports incidents as necessary.
- Answers and directs all incoming calls, schedules and performs wake up calls.
- Accurately posts room charges and checks out departing guests; Explains charges and payments on bills to guests at check out as needed.
- Ensures guest security by properly handling guest information and keys.
- Cleans all front desk and lobby areas as needed; Cleans restrooms as required.
- Runs night audit reports; Accurately settles Credit Card batches, balances cash drawers, records receipts, refunds deposits and processes cancellations.
- General office filing including, but not limited to, registration cards and activity confirmation letters.
- Drives a golf cart as required.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate via telephone, email, radio, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent Accounting skills; Ability to accurately complete cash and credit card transactions.
- Ability to handle guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Ability to Multi-Task; Work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
- Ability to accurately file numerically and alphabetically.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Knowledge of surrounding facilities, activities, and features.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Stoop, squat, kneel, and crouch occasionally.
- Ability to operate a telephone and a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 1 year of guest services, customer service or hospitality-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Previous experience with cash handling preferred.
- Previous work experience using computerized reservations/property management systems preferred.
- Accounting experience a plus.