- 800 East Lakeshore Drive, Houghton, MI
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Rock Harbor Lodge provides visitors accommodations and we employ team members in our dining room, snack bar, gift shop, dockside store, marina, motor boat, kayak and canoe rentals, guided fishing and sightseeing tours, and other fun and fulfilling positions. Join us for a summer in this unique National Park!
The Housekeeping Supervisor performs housekeeping work, supervises and delegates work to Housekeeping Department employees, ensures the cleanliness of guest rooms, and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Performs and completes housekeeping duties in a timely manner.
- Stocks and organizes supply cart.
- Removes soiled/dirty linens from all beds.
- Inspects linens prior to placing in rooms and returns any torn or dirty linens to supply room.
- Distributes clean linens to stayovers, as requested.
- Cleans/scrubs shower, tub, toilet, sink, counters, mirrors and glasses.
- Vacuums carpets; Mops all tile floors; Dusts all furniture, and polishes as needed.
- Cleans microwaves, refrigerators and sinks.
- Checks bathroom inventory items and restocks any missing items as necessary.
- Folds clean linens as necessary; Places linen package in each room.
- Assists customers with specific requests.
- Cleans and organizes supply room.
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Thoroughly inspects all rooms for cleanliness; Records inspection results and changes the status of rooms that are ready after rooms have passed inspection.
- Ensures proper use of inventory and supplies.
- Reports any missing, damaged or maintenance issues in rooms immediately.
- Maintains reports of check-outs and stay-overs and delegates assignments to housekeepers.
- Provides excellent customer service; Responds to guest and employee requests and questions in a professional manner.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with security procedures.
- Assists with the training, scheduling, discipline of housekeeping staff; directly supervises Housekeepers as required.
- Assists with department performance evaluations.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred.
- Read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Solid knowledge of all duties related to housekeeping, porter, laundry, etc.
- Strong organization, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and management skills.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, email; Opera or similar reservations software experience preferred.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Manual dexterity to grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment and hand-held radio.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control housekeeping cart and/or similar items on inclines and declines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able safely to operate a motor vehicle as required.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2 years of domestic or commercial housekeeping or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Previous Supervisory and/or Management work experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Opera or similar reservation management system preferred.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies.