Pizzeria Assistant Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Pizzeria Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing front and back-of-house duties while ensuring high food quality, excellent customer service, and a positive guest experience. Ensures successful and efficient operation of the restaurant and assists with training, scheduling, supervision, ensuring compliance, disciplining, and delegating work to staff. Greets guests, takes food and drink orders, processes transactions, prepares, cooks, and delivers food to guests, while maintaining a clean dining area.
- Greets and assists guests in a friendly and professional manner; Takes guest orders and accurately enters them into the POS system.
- Accurately processes credit card and cash transactions; Maintains a balanced register.
- Prepares and cooks food items; Follows proper food production, portion control, and quality control procedures.
- Resolves customer complaints and personnel issues in a professional manner.
- Delivers food and drink orders to guest tables.
- Busses and resets dining room tables; Washes dishes, utensils and other restaurant items.
- Completes opening and closing duties, maintains proper stock levels for retail and guest-self-service items, maintains clean counter and dining areas, and ensures completion of other day-to-day operational needs.
- Assists with the training, supervision, and scheduling of restaurant staff.
- Ensure all staff are trained in and follow all personal safety, food safety and hygiene policies.
- Accurately balance daily receipts and count out bank and deposits.
- Assists with processing guest transactions, divides tips, runs daily reports, makes timecard corrections, etc.
- Answers phone as necessary.
- Works extra shifts, and hours as required.
- May be responsible for balancing register.
- Completes inventory, cleaning, and other logs.
- Assists with:
- Maintains proper inventory levels, orders food, paper, and supply products; Follows cost containment and food waste best practices.
- Ensures the EDR remains clean; Cleans Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, sweeps, mops, etc.
- Greets new staff and gives a short tour of the housing area; checks individuals into and out of housing and issues bed linens and towels.
- Communicates and conducts room inspections and reports any damage to Human Resources.
- Finds and tracks housing maintenance issues, places maintenance requests, ensures completion and maintains records.
- Enforces housing policies including quiet hours; records housing incidents and inappropriate behavior; contacts HR and/or MOD when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and safe living environment; Cleans public areas, inside and outside of housing buildings, and other assigned areas.
- Conducts Environmental and Safety Inspections.
- Communicates and enforces housing Emergency Procedures for all residents and handles emergency phone calls as necessary.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Responsible for reporting any observed unsafe, suspicious, or unlawful actions to management.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English effectively.
- Have or ability to obtain food handling, alcohol, and/or similar certifications upon hire as required.
- Very good accounting skills; Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Knowledge of kitchen and retail operations, including safe food preparation, proper menus, portion control, inventory management, etc.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with guests and team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to delegate work.
- Knowledge of proper use and storage of cleaning supplies.
- Good computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in a related field, or 3 years of retail food, restaurant, or hospitality-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Minimum one year supervisory and/or management work experience required.
- Two years of work experience in retail or customer service preferred.
- Previous accounting or cash handling experience preferred.