- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of lodging units, facilities, equipment, vehicles, and property grounds.
- Accurately enters and ensures the resolution of maintenance work orders and requests; Performs preventive, general, structural and routine maintenance.
- Makes minor repairs such as plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry to lodging units and property facilities.
- Operates and maintains hand tools including screwdrivers, hammer, steel measuring tape, utility knife, level, pliers, wrenches and socket wrench set, shovels, brooms, step ladders, etc.
- Uses power-operated tools including nail gun, skill saw, screwdriver, drill, etc.
- Drives and operates maintenance vehicles on and off property; Maintains maintenance vehicles and cleans interior and exterior of vehicles as needed.
- Accurately completes all maintenance related paperwork.
- Maintains HVAC and lighting systems as required.
- Responsible for landscaping and property beautification projects; such as: mowing, trimming, planting, etc. as required.
- Responds to guest requests and questions; Acts is a professional manner.
- Follows established safety protocols when operating all tools and equipment, and when applying all products.
- Assists with the winterization of facilities.
- Properly uses all fire equipment on premises, as needed.
- Knows and follow all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is Required.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Ability to work on-call after normal work hours, as needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental policies.
- Electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge, skills and ability of proper use of hand tools including Able to use hand tools including screwdrivers, hammer, steel measuring tape, utility knife, cordless drill, level, pliers, wrenches and socket wrench set, shovels, brooms, step ladders, etc., and power-operated tools.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Good time management, organizational skills including strong attention to detail, follow up and follow through.
- Honest and trustworthy with company and guest property.
- Able to work with liquids, gels, cleaners or other products.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders frequently.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Manual dexterity to use hand tools including screwdrivers, hammer, steel measuring tape, utility knife, cordless drill, level, pliers, wrenches and socket wrench set, shovels, step ladders, etc., and power-operated tools.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Visual acuity to recognize and complete repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and 70 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2 years of facilities maintenance, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Further training or coursework in facilities maintenance, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or carpentry preferred.
- Hospitality Industry maintenance work experience preferred.
- Prior training in safety and environmental policies preferred.