- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Pantry Cook prepares food orders accurately and in a timely fashion in a high volume and fast-paced kitchen. Ensures an excellent guest experience and helps ensure the Kitchen remains clean, organized, and in compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Prepares and cooks high quality menu items; Follows all recipes as written.
- Cook, heat, prepare and adequately stock food stations.
- Maintains proper food supplies required for the smooth operations of each pantry station.
- Fills out and updates prep sheets as necessary.
- Keeps pantry stations and prep areas clean and organized.
- Follows food preparation, stocking, and cleaning procedures.
- Performs all kitchen operations and procedures in accordance with sanitation regulations and guidelines.
- Assists with other Kitchen duties and functions as needed.
- Assist with food running, busing, dish washing, and other related tasks as required.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Knowledge of sanitary and safe food handling.
- Knowledge of food preparation including washing, cutting, chopping food items.
- Ability to safely use kitchen appliances and utensils.
- Ability to work individually and effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and cooperatively and handle high volumes during peak hours in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Good customer service skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Kneel, squat, stoop and crouch frequently.
- Ability and manual dexterity to use small kitchen utensils/tools and operate appliances such as mixer, ovens, dishwasher, steamer, flat top, grill, fryer, knives, whisks, etc.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds daily.
- Able to work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 1 year of Kitchen-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Food preparation and food safety knowledge required.