- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Host/Cashier is responsible for maintaining the overall guest flow of the restaurant and providing excellent customer service.
- Prompt, courteous and proper seating of guests in the restaurant facilities; Follows company policy regarding the seating of guests.
- Ensures cleanliness of table before seating guests.
- Maintains a seating waiting list as necessary.
- Moves tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups.
- Completes guest transactions using a cash register and credit card machine; Counts money accurately and efficiently, makes change, and completes opening and closing reports.
- Maintains a neat, organized front-of-house environment.
- Responds to guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Communicates with the Back-of-House management regarding large incoming groups, changes in schedules and any other information that affects kitchen operations.
- Assists with opening and closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Completes required front-of-the-house sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for daily cleaning projects in addition to any other cleaning projects assigned; Ensures the area in and around host stand is clean and litter free.
- Answers phones and addresses reservation requests.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage menus.
- Cover shifts in other departments as needed.
- Assist with various restaurant tasks such as carrying trays, clearing and setting tables, etc., as needed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Strong math and cash handling skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a cash register and a credit card machine.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must have proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc.
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to properly handle and carry a large, heavy tray of food items and/or dishes and glassware.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous related work experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- Restaurant/café and POS software experience a plus.