Public Facilities Attendant
- Basin Rural Station, Chisos Basin Road, Big Bend National Park, TX, United States
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Employees can enjoy stunning scenery and serenity, as well as a vast undisturbed wilderness, the darkest skies in the lower 48 states, and easy access to many of the park's world famous hiking trails.
The Public Facilities Attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of public areas such as restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities. The incumbent ensures public areas are ready for use by guests by keeping the areas supplied, clean and in working order.
- Cleans and organizes public bathrooms, showers, and laundry areas by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, disinfecting, etc.
- Ensures public areas are properly stocked with toiletries and related items.
- Responsible for grounds keeping and litter control in public areas.
- Checks for and reports issues with any public are equipment including lights, toilets, sinks, showers, doors, washers, dryers, change machines, etc.
- Provide courteous service and location information to guests; Assists with the resolution of guest requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- Follows procedures for chemical use, equipment uses, and cleaning routines.
- Operates a golf cart or similar vehicle as required.
- Report any unsafe and/or hazardous conditions.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Very good communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing products and chemical safety.
- Knowledge of facilities, activities, features and services.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to remain balanced; stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous custodial, housekeeping, customer service, or related work experience preferred.