Gift Shop Clerk
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Gift Shop Clerk provides efficient, professional customer assistance with purchases and ensures the store is always clean and well-stocked.
- Greets and assists guests; works sales floor shifts; accurately processes guest payments by operating cash register and/or credit card machine.
- Provides and ensures all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Uses knowledge of Gift Shop merchandise and local area to answer guest questions (i.e., where it is made, materials it is made from, artist information, product availability) as well as questions about our location and the surrounding areas.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with inventory control, receiving, stocking, and display/presentation of shop merchandise.
- Follows the proper opening, closing, and security procedures.
- Informs management of unusual circumstances, shop issues and needs
- Ensures the Gift Shop and related facilities remain clean, organized, and stocked.
- Processes and compiles paperwork as required.
- Follows company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Performs deep cleaning projects as assigned.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to learn all company training materials; Knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Skill in inventory control and awareness of shoplifters.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Ability to operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of product information to enhance a professional sales approach.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Stoop, squat, kneel, and crouch occasionally.
- Ability to operate a telephone and a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous retail, customer service, or related work experience preferred.
- Prior work experience operating a cash register, credit card machine and/or POS system preferred.