- 3700 Hogge Road, Parker, TX
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Regular On Call
We are the legendary home of the TV series Dallas, made famous by the Ewing Family from 1978 until 1991 and are open year-round for special events, tours and horseback riding. Our ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude, strong work ethic, flexible schedule and has a desire to provide excellent customer service. Our team members are as important to us as our guests and we look for candidates who take pride in providing exceptional customer service and understand the importance of preserving and protecting our resources here at the Southfork Ranch.
The Banquet Server provides food and beverage service to banquet guests during banquet/catering events ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Serves menu items to guests according to the banquet event order; Times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work; Event set-up and tear down.
- Pre-buses tables during service as needed; Clears tables after service.
- Responds to guest inquiries and special requests to ensure guest satisfaction; notify supervisor of guest complaints or unusual situations.
- Monitors guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; Notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers.
- Follows company guidelines whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable; Refuse service to a guest if you determine they are intoxicated or underage and notify management.
- Follows safety and emergency procedures.
- Follows environmental policies and procedures, including recycling, water conservation and electric conservation.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand, read, write, and speak in English.
- Ability to follow instructions from management, including the ability to abide by event agreements.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 1 year of front-of-house, customer service, or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Food safety knowledge required.
- General prior knowledge of banquet operations.