- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
General Description: The Campground Host assists with the operation of the campground, greets and assists guests, ensures compliance with campground rules, maintains campsites, and provides exceptional customer service to all campground visitors.
- Completes all preparations prior to opening campground including safety checks, making recommendations and decisions on repairs and upkeep, ordering necessary items and equipment and ensuring that all equipment is safely operating
- Assists with developing department schedules
- Assist with review of the department timesheets; approves and submits timesheets to Payroll Department in a timely manner
- Uses company reservation system to take reservations, process payments, and confirm campground arrivals
- Collects fees from campground visitors and ensures all visitors have paid campground fees
- Visible and available to answer questions and help visitors as necessary
- Conducts daily litter pickup, cleans shower house, sinks, toilets, and urinals, sweeps and mops floors, washes mirrors, walls, stalls, empties trash and stocks comfort station closets and office with supplies; Empties and sorts recycling receptacles and cleans recycle bins
- Educates visitors on campground rules and laws; walk the campground and enforce all campground rules including but not limited to pet regulations, teasing/feeding wild animals, enforcement of noise ordinance, enforcement of checkout time, ensure all visitors only have one vehicle per site, and inspect all campsites for out-of-date site permits
- Rakes and cleans sites of debris upon guest departure
- Assists with repairs needed in the campground (i.e., painting, fence repair, mowing, weed clipping, etc.).
- Files maintenance requests.
- Assists with training and supervision of department staff and make recommendations to the department head.
- Assists with monthly safety and environmental inspections.
- Maintains a clean campground office.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred.
- Ability to stay focused in a congested, fast-paced environment with numerous interruptions.
- Strict attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to work independently, complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills and knowledge of operating a desk computer and or laptop and or tablet.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid or be able to obtain the certification within one year of hire.
- Experience with driving trailers preferred.
- Ability to calmly and effectively enforce campground rules and regulations.
- Ability to visually recognize hazards and campground violations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to use outdoor maintenance equipment such as a rake, post hole digger, broom, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds daily.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
- Ability to visually recognize hazards and campground violations, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2 years of campground/RV Park, experience working with public or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Human/wildlife conflict experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of cleaning supplies.