- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Salaried
- FLSA Type: Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the financial success of the department; Ensures the department complies with financial guidelines and meets or exceeds all financial goals.
- Recommends and implements strategies to maximize revenues and control costs.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the department; Ensures the department is adequately staffed, stocked, and operational during business hours.
- Ensures facility is attractive and clean for guests including rooms, public areas, offices, and supply closets.
- Responsible for maintaining high satisfaction scores.
- Thoroughly inspects rooms for cleanliness; Records inspection results and changes the status of rooms that are ready after rooms have passed inspection.
- Coordinates linen handling.
- Performs housekeeping duties as needed.
- Identifies and works with management to resolve departmental problems and potential problems.
- Ensures a positive work environment centered on trust, open communication, and team work; Facilitates problem solving and collaboration throughout the department.
- Acts in a professional manner; leads by example.
- Works extra shifts and hours throughout the department as required; Covers subordinate duties as needed.
- Provides and ensures all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Effectively communicates department and position-specific expectations to department employees.
- Ensures the Front Desk is kept up to date on the status of each room.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments and managers and attends staff meetings to provide departmental updates and communicate problems and potential problems.
- Provides room maintenance histories and determines capital improvement requests.
- Responsible for supervising Housekeeping employees, creating staff work schedules, and training department employees in department standards, security procedures, inventory operations, and safe work methods.
- Coaches staff members on developing and improving skills.
- Enforces department standards and employee expectations; Performs progressive discipline, coaches, and retrains department employees as required.
- Follows and enforces company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Verifies payroll hours for all department personal.
- Completes detailed and timely performance evaluations.
- Ensures that Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs are strictly followed.
- Knows and enforces all company Programs and policies, including Environmental, Health, Compliance, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License may be Required.
- Able to read, write and understand English and follow cleaning and other instructions, complete checklists and communicate with guests.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and cleaning procedures and techniques.
- Self-motivated and appropriate time management skills to complete tasks on time with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail and cleaning standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Manual dexterity to grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment and hand-held radio.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control housekeeping cart and/or similar items on inclines and declines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle as required.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 4 years of domestic or commercial housekeeping or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Previous Supervisory and/or Management work experience preferred, particularly in housekeeping.
- Previous experience with Opera or similar reservation management system preferred.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies.