Recycling Attendant Lead
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Recycling Attendant Lead helps ensure compliance with environmental and safety programs by facilitating company recycling efforts.
- Responsible for the proper and safe operation of recycling equipment.
- Trains personnel on safe operation of Recycling equipment.
- Responsible for transporting recyclables.
- Distributes and empties recyclable containers throughout the property.
- Responsible for training and assisting tam members with the recycling program.
- Prepares, maintains and submits necessary records of recycled materials.
- Reports instances of non-conformance by departments of processing procedures for recyclables.
- Responsible for compliance with safety standards as applicable to the job.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is Required; CDL Class-A is preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Capable of driving a vehicle over 1 ton with trailer.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision to complete assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Visual acuity to recognize and complete repairs safely.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous custodial, housekeeping, waste management, or related work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of recycling processes and equipment required.