Employee Activities Coordinator
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim AZ-67, North Rim, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Employee Activities Coordinator is responsible for creating, communicating, organizing, and running company-sponsored events and activities for team members.
- Maintains a calendar of events for staff; Researches, plans, develops, determines the frequency of a variety of company-sponsored, team member-focused events and activities both on- and off-property.
- Researches, costs, recommends, acquires and maintains equipment and supplies for events and activities while staying within budget.
- Uses a variety of methods, including a computer, to communicate events and activities to team members; creates and posts flyers, communicates via appropriate social media channels, makes announcements, etc.
- Communicates in a positive guest service and enthusiastic manner that encourages participation in events and positive employee relations with management.
- Plans and coordinates events with appropriate department managers.
- Remains informed of near-by programs and events and ensure the same are offered to employees; Coordinates on-property events with third parties as required.
- Organizes and provides transportation for trips to near-by shopping, cultural events, and places of interest.
- Coordinates travel with appropriate HR and Transportation staff.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Ensures all events, activities, and attendees follow and remain compliant with company, safety, and other related policies, Programs, and laws at all times.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred and may be required.
- Excellent verbal written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Good computer skills including familiarity with MS Office.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Self-motivation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to repetitively balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and grasp; Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Push and Push a cart on inclining/declining surfaces.
- Must be able to operate a computer and remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2 years of work experience coordinating group events, recreational activities, customer service or other work within travel and hospitality, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Recreation, Hospitality or similar discipline preferred.