Employee Housing Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Employee Housing Manager oversees the general orderliness, cleanliness and safety of staff housing areas.
- Prepares operation of employee housing by ordering supplies, taking inventories and submitting maintenance list of repairs.
- Greet new staff and give a short tour of the housing area; check individuals into and out of housing and issue bed linens and towels.
- Communicate and conduct room inspections and report any damage to Human Resources.
- Find and track housing maintenance issues, place maintenance requests, ensure completion and maintain records.
- Work with Human Resources and advise staff in advance of new roommate arrivals.
- Available during late hours for lockouts, phone messages, emergencies, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate the cleaning of rooms when needed.
- Conduct rounds and enforce housing policies including quiet hours; record housing incidents and inappropriate behavior; contact HR and/or Security when necessary.
- Clean public areas inside and outside housing buildings, including vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors, clean stairwells, wash door windows, remove trash, empty recycle bins and clean as necessary, dust/clean throughout all lobbies, entrances and laundry rooms to maintain a clean and safe living environment.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies; Distribute, track and ensure retrieval of items that are loaned out.
- Set up, maintain and enforce the recycling program in housing areas.
- Conduct Monthly Environmental and Safety Inspections.
- Communicate and enforce housing Emergency Procedures for all residents and handle emergency phone calls as necessary.
- Drive company vehicle to pick-up and drop-off arriving and departing staff as necessary and to assist with activities related transportation.
- Assist housekeeping department as necessary
- Assist Activities Coordinator as directed with the planning and implementation of staff activities.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is Required.
- Read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain appropriate certifications.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to calmly and effectively resolve employee problems and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent supervisory and/or management skills.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning supplies and proper cleaning techniques.
- Basic computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle paper, phones, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or 2 years of previous domestic or commercial housekeeping, hospitality or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies preferred.