Employee Housing Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Located in the Grand Teton National Park along the shores of Jackson Lake, Signal Mountain Lodge is a special place to spend a summer. We offer positions in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Marina, and Retail industries as well as Campground and operational support positions. 50% of our staff return for a second season not only for the unique experiences, but also because the dedication Signal Mountain Lodge has to employees is second to none!
The Employee Housing Manager oversees the general orderliness, cleanliness and safety of staff housing areas.
- Prepares operation of employee housing by ordering supplies, taking inventories and submitting maintenance list of repairs.
- Greet new staff and give a short tour of the housing area; check individuals into and out of housing and issue bed linens and towels.
- Communicate and conduct room inspections and report any damage to Human Resources.
- Find and track housing maintenance issues, place maintenance requests, ensure completion and maintain records.
- Work with Human Resources and advise staff in advance of new roommate arrivals.
- Available during late hours for lockouts, phone messages, emergencies, ect.
- Supervise and coordinate the cleaning of rooms when needed.
- Conduct rounds and enforce housing policies including quiet hours; record housing incidents and inappropriate behavior; contact HR and/or Security when necessary.
- Clean public areas inside and outside housing buildings, including vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors, clean stairwells, wash door windows, remove trash, empty recycle bins and clean as necessary, dust/clean throughout all lobbies, entrances and laundry rooms to maintain a clean and safe living environment.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies; Distribute, track and ensure retrieval of items that are loaned out.
- Set up, maintain and enforce the recycling program in housing areas.
- Conduct Monthly Environmental and Safety Inspections.
- Communicate and enforce housing Emergency Procedures for all residents and handle emergency phone calls as necessary.
- Drive company vehicle to pick-up and drop-off arriving and departing staff as necessary and to assist with activities related transportation.
- Assist housekeeping department as necessary
- Assist Activities Coordinator as directed with the planning and implementation of staff activities.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is Required.
- Read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain appropriate certifications.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to calmly and effectively resolve employee problems and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent supervisory and/or management skills.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning supplies and proper cleaning techniques.
- Basic computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle paper, phones, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or 2 years of previous domestic or commercial housekeeping, hospitality or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies preferred.
Signal Mountain Lodge, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.