- Basin Rural Station, Chisos Basin Road, Big Bend National Park, TX
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Regular
Employees can enjoy stunning scenery and serenity, as well as a vast undisturbed wilderness, the darkest skies in the lower 48 states, and easy access to many of the park's world famous hiking trails.
Sales Floor Operations:
- Responsible for the stocking, display/presentation, and pricing of store merchandise; Responsible for cleanliness of the sales floor.
- Ensures grocery items are properly rotated and meet or exceed sanitation and health standards and guidelines.
- Greets and assists guests; works sales floor shifts; accurately processes guest payments by operating cash register and/or credit card machine.
- Ensures cashier duties are performed properly, cash register sales are recorded accurately, and that correct accounting procedures are followed.
- Assists Retail employees with discounts, returns, and other transaction issues.
- Ensures proper opening, closing, and security procedures are followed.
- Ships purchased merchandise to visitors in a timely, accurate and safe manner.
- Ensures the retail facilities remain clean, organized, and stocked.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments and managers.
- Coordinates delivered shipments; Checks that all shipments are properly received, checked, marked and put onto the floor for sale or distributed to other departments as necessary.
- Ensures inventory is neat and organized.
- Assists with inventory operations as needed including ordering merchandise, maintaining proper inventory, running inventory counts and reports, and ensuring merchandise to be returned to suppliers is done in a timely manner.
- Provides and ensures all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Uses knowledge of Gift Store merchandise and local area to answer guest questions (i.e., where it is made, materials it is made from, artist information, product availability) as well as questions about our location and the surrounding areas.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with completion of payroll and departmental reports.
- Receives, organizes and files incoming paperwork.
- Responsible for supervision of Retail employees.
- Assists with the training of Retail employees in retail sales and customer service, organization and neatness standards, accounting procedures, store opening, closing, and security procedures, inventory operations, and safe work methods.
- Coaches staff members on developing and improving sales skills.
- Follows and enforces company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Ensures that Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs are strictly followed.
- Ensures deep cleaning projects are completed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other positions and departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid Driver’s License is Required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to act professionally in fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Extensive knowledge of product information.
- Skill in inventory control and awareness of shoplifters.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb stairs and walk on hard, tiled, wood, carpet and uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Stand/remain upright/standing for extended periods of time.
- Sit/remain sitting up for extended periods of time
- Kneel; bend; stoop; turn/twist; and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Ability to use general cleaning equipment such as a broom or mop.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One-year prior retail work or similar, relevant experience required
- Six months prior work experience operating a cash register, credit card machine and/or POS system required
- Previous retail supervision experience preferred