- Basin Rural Station, Chisos Basin Road, Big Bend National Park, TX
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Regular
Employees can enjoy stunning scenery and serenity, as well as a vast undisturbed wilderness, the darkest skies in the lower 48 states, and easy access to many of the park's world famous hiking trails.
The Restaurant Supervisor assists the Restaurant Manager with all front-of-house restaurant operations and ensures an exceptional dining experience for all guests.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all front-of-the-house functions; Ensures the proper opening/closing, accounting, reporting, and environmental procedures are followed.
- Assists with the training, supervision, and scheduling of front-of-house restaurant staff.
- Resolves customer complaints and personnel issues in a professional manner.
- Thoroughly checks all side duties of front-of-the-house staff.
- Accurately balances daily receipts and count out bank and deposits.
- Assists with processing guest transactions, divides tips, runs daily reports, makes timecard corrections, etc.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with back of the house supervisors and staff.
- Ensures all staff are trained in and follow all personal safety, food safety, and hygiene policies.
- Abides by and enforce Recycling, Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs.
- Checks that all hazardous waste or bio-hazard waste is disposed of correctly.
- Checks that all products/chemicals used in restaurant meet Green Procurement Standards and that all chemicals are being correctly diluted.
- Ensures all Front of House staff have or receive TiPS or other certified alcohol service training.
- Completes assigned ISO 22000 logs
- Bartending Duties:
- Sells and prepares beverages/drinks to established guidelines and procedures while providing excellent customer service; Accurately rings up liquor and food sales in POS system; collects payment and makes proper change.
- Ensures bar is properly stocked and prepped before the beginning of each assigned shift.
- Properly enforces state and federal liquor laws including checking identification before serving customers alcohol.
- Follows sanitation codes and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintains proper beer, liquor and wine costs.
- Takes food orders in bar and follows established wait staff and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Performs proper bar closing procedures; Cleans the bar and seating areas, restocks the bar and FOH where needed, and ensures the building is secured when leaving.
- Assists throughout the restaurant as necessary and keep the restaurant clean and orderly.
- Assists in kitchen as necessary
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Able to learn all company training materials.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Strict attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent customer service, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of food service standards.
- Knowledge of front-of-the-house restaurant operations.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale systems.
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in a related field, or 2 years of front-of-house restaurant or hospitality-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- At least one year of supervisory or management work experience preferred.
- 6 months wine service work experience preferred.
- Fine-dining work experience or café style food service experience preferred.
- Prior work experience with POS systems.