- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Server is responsible for greeting and serving guests in a timely manner and providing excellent customer service.
- Learns and knows all menu items, prices and specifications; Maintains operational knowledge of restaurant computer system.
- Greets guests promptly and professionally.
- Record food and drink orders from guests, enter orders accurately and deliver food, alcohol and other beverages to guests.
- Up-sells restaurant menu items.
- Knows and follows federal and state laws and company policies related to the sale of alcohol.
- Presents checks and accurately processes cash and credit card payments.
- Clears tables quickly and efficiently of plates, glassware and silverware, including pre-bussing when appropriate.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner and in accordance with department/company standards.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Completes opening and closing duties as well as appropriate side work.
- Completes all closing reports as assigned.
- Completes cleaning projects as required.
- Knowledgeable of the surrounding area.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to maintain concentration while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent sales skills and the ability to up-sell.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to operate a cash register, credit card machine and POS system accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, high-traffic environment.
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 1 year of front-of-house, customer service, or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Food safety knowledge required.