- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Salaried
- FLSA Type: Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for optimizing restaurant profits and ensures an exceptional dining experience for all guests. Leads Front-of-House operations and staff, facilitates communication throughout the restaurant, ensures compliance with environmental, health, and sanitation policies and laws, and is responsible for the proper administration of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all front-of-the-house functions; Ensures the proper opening/closing, accounting, reporting, and environmental procedures are followed.
- Effectively communicates department and position-specific expectations to department team members.
- Ensures consistency in the steps of service, proper menu knowledge, and adherence to customer service standards.
- Responsible for managing department team members, creating staff work schedules, and training department employees in department standards, security procedures, inventory operations, and safe work methods.
- Ensure all Front of House staff have or receive certified food safety and alcohol service training as required.
- Mentors and coaches staff members on developing and improving skills.
- Enforces department standards, policies, and team member expectations; Performs progressive discipline, coaches, and retrains department employees as required.
- Follows and enforces company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Verifies payroll hours for department personal.
- Thoroughly checks all side duties of front-of-the-house staff.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Provides and ensures all internal and external customers receive excellent customer service.
- Resolves customer complaints in a professional manner.
Accounting & Financial Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial success of the department; Ensures the department complies with financial guidelines and meets or exceeds all financial and operational goals.
- Monitors and controls food and labor costs.
- Accurately balances daily receipts and bank deposits.
Environmental, Health, & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure all team members are trained in Hazard Communication Program and that the Program is strictly followed (proper PPE is being worn, all containers are labeled, SDS is current, etc.).
- Ensures proper use and storage of cleaning chemicals.
- Knows and enforces the environmental, health and safety Programs and policies.
- Ensures completion of ISO 22000 logs.
- Assists throughout the restaurant as necessary and keep the restaurant clean and orderly.
- Assists in Kitchen as needed.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Able to learn all company training materials.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Strict attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent customer service, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of food service standards.
- Knowledge of front-of-the-house restaurant operations.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale systems.
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in a related field, or 3 years of front-of-house restaurant or hospitality-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- At least one year of supervisory or management work experience required.
- 6 months wine service work experience preferred.
- Fine-dining work experience or café style food service experience preferred.
- Prior work experience with POS systems.