Housekeeping Assistant Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Housekeeping Assistant Manager performs housekeeping work, supervises and delegates work to Housekeeping Department employees, ensures the cleanliness of guest rooms, and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Performs and completes housekeeping duties in a timely manner.
- Stocks and organizes supply cart.
- Removes soiled/dirty linens from all beds.
- Inspects linens prior to placing in rooms and returns any torn or dirty linens to supply room.
- Distributes clean linens to stayovers, as requested.
- Cleans/scrubs shower, tub, toilet, sink, counters, mirrors and glasses.
- Vacuums carpets; Mops all tile floors; Dusts all furniture, and polishes as needed.
- Cleans microwaves, refrigerators and sinks.
- Checks bathroom inventory items and restocks any missing items as necessary.
- Folds clean linens as necessary; Places linen package in each room.
- Assists customers with specific requests.
- Cleans and organizes supply room.
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Thoroughly inspects all rooms for cleanliness; Records inspection results and changes the status of rooms that are ready after rooms have passed inspection.
- Ensures proper use of inventory and supplies.
- Reports any missing, damaged or maintenance issues in rooms immediately.
- Maintains reports of check-outs and stay-overs and delegates assignments to housekeepers.
- Provides excellent customer service; Responds to guest and employee requests and questions in a professional manner.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with security procedures.
- Assists with the training, scheduling, discipline of housekeeping staff; directly supervises Housekeepers as required.
- Assists with department performance evaluations.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Driver’s License is preferred.
- Read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Solid knowledge of all duties related to housekeeping, porter, laundry, etc.
- Strong organization, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and management skills.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, email; Opera or similar reservations software experience preferred.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Manual dexterity to grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment and hand-held radio.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control housekeeping cart and/or similar items on inclines and declines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able safely to operate a motor vehicle as required.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2 years of domestic or commercial housekeeping or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Previous Supervisory and/or Management work experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Opera or similar reservation management system preferred.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies.