Front Desk Assistant Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Front Desk Assistant Manager facilitates the operational success of the Front Desk Department and ensures all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Supervises Front Desk employees; Assists with the training and assignment of duties to Front Desk employees.
- Oversees and assists with guest reservations, check ins, and check outs; Assists with and ensures deposits are accurately refunded and cancellations are processed properly.
- Provides information to guests regarding property policies, property activities, and the surrounding area; Assists with planning activities, answers questions and provides accurate, helpful information.
- Ensures all guests receive excellent customer service; Acts in a professional manner including when responding to customer complaints.
- Ensures proper accounting procedures are followed; Accurately processes guest payments for lodging, services, rentals, licenses, miscellaneous items, etc.
- Performs checks of guest arrivals to ensure accuracy and guest satisfaction.
- Runs reports and checks accuracy of all booked reservations and cancellations; Responsible for general office duties.
- Provides information to guests regarding property policies, property activities, and the surrounding area.
- Ensures guest security by properly handling guest information and keys.
- Properly handles lost and found items.
- Responds to emergency calls and reports incidents as necessary.
- Ensures the Front Desk and surrounding area stays clean and organized.
- Meters outgoing mail and sorts, distributes and forwards mail as necessary; Sorts and stuffs pamphlets and mailings.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to calmly and effectively resolve guest problems and concerns.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Excellent time management skills; Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong typing and computer skills including POS systems, MS Word, Excel, and email systems.
- Strong mathematical and cash handling skills with attention to accuracy.
- Knowledge of Front Desk operations; Ability to use Front Desk communication systems
- Knowledge of Lodging Management Systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Stoop, squat, kneel, and crouch occasionally.
- Ability to operate a telephone and a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in in guest services, customer service, the hospitality industry or a related field, or 2 years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Associates Degree in a related field highly preferred.
- One year of experience working with hospitality management systems required.
- One year of supervisory work experience preferred.