Employee Dining Room & Kitchen Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Salaried
- FLSA Type: Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Employee Dining Room & Kitchen Manager is responsible for the financial success of the Employee Dining Room operation. Oversees all EDR operations and staff, ensures quality meals are provided to employees, and enforces company food service standards.
- Ensures timely food service and excellent customer service to employees and EDR guests; Accommodates special dietary needs and reasonable employee requests.
- Prepares/cooks food items and dishes using grill, flat top, oven, fryer, steamer, toaster/salamander, small kitchen appliances, and kitchen utensils including various knives.
- Participates in menu and recipe design; Ensures a wide variety of melas are offered over a given period of time.
- Orders food, paper, and supply products.
- Ensures the department remains within established budgets and communicates any disparities to management; Follows cost containment best practices.
- Ensures all Kitchen procedures are followed including proper receiving, storage, labeling, rotation, and portion control of food items.
- Communicates and enforces all Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sanitation policies and procedures; Responsible for maintaining clean and organized kitchen, dining, and other assigned areas.
- Trains, schedules, and manages EDR employees.
- Monitors employee hours, approves times sheets, and submits department payroll.
- Performs timely employee performance evaluations.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion departments reports and logs; Communicates equipment issues appropriately.
- Works with other departments to coordinate food service for special events and resale.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel and POS systems.
- Health or ServSafe certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Knowledge of kitchen, food, and cleaning standards.
- Excellent management, leadership, training, and communication skill s.
- Strong customer service, time-management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time; Climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, and turn repetitively; Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to grasp and use small kitchen utensils and appliances such as mixer, ovens, dishwasher, steamer, flat top, grill, fryer, knives, whisks, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently; 50 pounds daily.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (freezers, refrigerators, walk-ins, etc.).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Culinary Degree or equivalent and three years of cooking experience in the Hospitality Industry or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- One year of Institutional volume cooking work experience preferred along with the ability to cook from scratch highly preferred.
- Prior supervisory or management work experience required.
- Menu development and design work experience preferred.
- Previous food inventory management experience preferred.