Employee Dining Room & Kitchen Assistant Manager
- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Employee Dining Room & Kitchen Assistant Manager assists with the management of EDR operations and staff, ensures quality meals are provided to employees, and enforces company food service standards.
- Ensures timely food service and excellent customer service to employees and EDR guests; Accommodates special dietary needs and reasonable employee requests.
- Prepares/cooks food items and dishes using grill, flat top, oven, fryer, steamer, toaster/salamander, small kitchen appliances, and kitchen utensils including various knives.
- Orders food, paper, and supply products within approved guidelines; Follows cost containment best practices.
- Ensures all Kitchen procedures are followed including proper receiving, storage, labeling, rotation, and portion control of food items.
- Ensures all Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sanitation policies and procedures are followed; Responsible for maintaining clean and organized kitchen, dining, and other assigned areas.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises EDR employees.
- Assists management with feedback during the preparation of employee performance evaluations.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion departments reports and logs; Communicates equipment issues.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts, and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel and POS systems.
- Health or ServSafe certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Knowledge of kitchen, food, and cleaning standards.
- Strong customer service, time-management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time; Climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, and turn repetitively; Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to grasp and use small kitchen utensils and appliances such as mixer, ovens, dishwasher, steamer, flat top, grill, fryer, knives, whisks, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently; 50 pounds daily.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (freezers, refrigerators, walk-ins, etc.).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Culinary Degree or equivalent, or two years of cooking experience in the Hospitality Industry or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- One year of Institutional volume cooking work experience preferred along with the ability to cook from scratch highly preferred.
- Prior supervisory or management work experience preferred.
- Menu development and design work experience helpful.
- Previous food inventory management experience preferred.