- 1 Canyon Lodge Highway 63, Bryce Canyon, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Prep Cook ensures the Kitchen is able to prepare and cook food dishes for guests in a timely manner by maintaining appropriate levels of prepared foods, ingredients, and similar items. Ensures an excellent guest experience and helps ensure the Kitchen remains clean, organized, and in compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Washes, peels, cuts, prepares and cooks ingredients preparing them to be used to create menu items.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to recipe specifications.
- Assists in the preparation of simple dishes such as salads, sauces and soups, adhering to recipe standards.
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating.
- Follows all kitchen portion control measures.
- Stores food properly and safely.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, etc.; Complies with health and sanitation guidelines
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is low and when the kitchen tools do not work properly.
- Assists with food running, bussing, dishwashing, and other related tasks.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned