- 1 Canyon Lodge Highway 63, Bryce Canyon, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Prep Cook ensures the Kitchen is able to prepare and cook food dishes for guests in a timely manner by maintaining appropriate levels of prepared foods, ingredients, and similar items. Ensures an excellent guest experience and helps ensure the Kitchen remains clean, organized, and in compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Washes, peels, cuts, prepares and cooks ingredients preparing them to be used to create menu items.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to recipe specifications.
- Assists in the preparation of simple dishes such as salads, sauces and soups, adhering to recipe standards.
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating.
- Follows all kitchen portion control measures.
- Stores food properly and safely.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, etc.; Complies with health and sanitation guidelines
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is low and when the kitchen tools do not work properly.
- Assists with food running, bussing, dishwashing, and other related tasks.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to use kitchen appliances and utensils.
- Able to read, write and understand English.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Kneel, squat, stoop and crouch frequently.
- Ability and manual dexterity to use small kitchen utensils/tools and operate appliances such as mixer, ovens, dishwasher, steamer, flat top, grill, fryer, knives, whisks, etc.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds daily.
- Able to work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or 1 year of Kitchen-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Food preparation and food safety knowledge required.