- 1 Canyon Lodge Highway 63, Bryce Canyon, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Because of the parks popularity, youll have the opportunity to work alongside employees and serve guests from all over the world. With spectacular views, sunrises and sunsets, and a wealth of National Parks, National Monuments, and State Parks close by, working at Bryce is perfect for nature lovers, go-getters, and anyone who wants the experience of a lifetime!
New High Speed Internet installed for the 2020 Season!
The Dishwasher helps assists with operational success by ensuring all cookware (pots and pans), dishes, utensils and glassware are clean and available in a timely manner. Responsible for organizing, stocking and storing all cleaned dishes and other assigned areas.
- Load, unload and operate the dish washing machine; add proper amount of dish-washing liquid/chemicals as needed.
- Follow all procedures necessary to keep the dishwashing machine operating at health department standards.
- Properly store and organize clean pots, pans, dishes and utensils in proper areas.
- Notify the Kitchen Manager when the necessary dish-washing liquid/chemicals or supplies are running low and need to be ordered.
- Check, sweep and/or mop all floors to keep clean and free of debris.
- Check and clean all drains empty and rinse drain screens/traps as needed to keep free of debris.
- Check and restock all hand-washing stations with necessary supplies such as soap and paper towels, etc.
- Clean, sanitize and polish all food areas and stainless-steel surfaces daily or as needed.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Receive incoming food deliveries and help store food items in proper places as necessary.
- Clean assigned areas after each meal session including bus tables to remove dirty dishes, wipe down/clean tables, chairs and empty trash bins, etc.
- Scrub and clean ovens, as needed.
- Assist Cooks with food preparation and service as needed.
- Follows all Kitchen, health, and sanitation procedures.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write and speak basic English.
- Act in a professional manner in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and proper cleaning techniques.
- Must understand and follow proper food preparation standards and techniques.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn all local and state sanitation requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, squat, twist, turn, push, and pull repetitively; Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to work in cold (walk-in freezers), hot (dish-washers, ovens, cooking equipment), humid and wet (dishwasher) areas.
- Able to use cleaning supplies including harsh chemicals and cleaners such as oven cleaner and general cleaning solutions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous Kitchen, Hospitality, or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred.